In this workshop you will make a realistic maple leaf from a choice of templates.
- You will:
- hand paint silk satin and we will talk about colour and using dyes
- make a framework of wires for structure
- insert a brooch pin
- back the leaf with leather
- use heated tools for leaf veining and shaping
- add wax for sheen and protection.
The price also includes a recording of our Zoom workshop, and a catch-up Zoom session, where you can share your completed work.
Includes a kit of materials
(with free delivery – please allow plenty of time).
Kit Contains: templates, dyes, silk satin and leather, wires, brooch pin, and some guidelines. Click on the More Information tab for a detailed list.
You will also need some basic flower-making tools:
- An arrow or knife-shape flower tool
- A hard pad or folded-up piece of cotton fabric
- Some small paint brushes for shading and adding detail
- Pot of water, plus extra pots with lids, or jam jars, for diluting the dye paste
- PVA or similar tacky water-based glue
- An iron, and a pair of small, sharp scissors