A wonderful opportunity to spend a day or two with Anne, via Zoom, and learn specialist flower-making skills that can fast-track you to making beautiful silk blooms and leaves. You will learn some of the processes of this rare craft (as well a few secrets!) and I will send you a collection of all the specialist tools and materials you will need for this course and beyond (see the More Information tab for a complete list).
This course is suitable for a beginner, with some basic hand-sewing skills.
Each day will be divided over two Zoom sessions (to allow for a lunch break), for a total of six hours. We can fine-tune the timing to fit with any preferences you may have. I suggest we meet 15 minutes before we start for a chat and to introduce ourselves.
- On the one-day course you will learn the basics of :
- stiffening silk enabling the petals to retain their shape
- cutting out petals
- mixing dyes and colouring the petals
- making the centre of the flower and adding stamens
- constructing the flower
- making the calyx
- binding stems
- On the two-day course you can choose to:
- make buds and leaves
- cover a headband and add a comb
- secure your flower and leaves to the headband
- or, make another flower!
I will also provide you with useful information, including a worksheet, suppliers list, templates and tips enabling you to carry on making after the tutorial, with email support. The price also includes the recording of our Zoom session(s), plus a catch-up meeting on Zoom, where we can look at your completed flower.
You will need to have some basic household items to hand:
- an iron and ironing board (or folded cotton cloth on a table)
- a folded, dampened flannel
- paper towels / kitchen roll
- an apron